Warehouse Clerk-Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Control, 1st and 2nd shift positions
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Picking and packaging, completed orders into shipping boxes
- Receiving and signing for all inbound shipments
- Identify and record any errors in receipts including missing and/or damaged goods
- Stocking incoming materials and ensuring the accuracy of inventory transactions.
- Perform basic quality inspection on select items received
- Coordination with the Order Management Team on same day expedites
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Filing all shipping related documents and inputting data into MRP system (SAP) daily
- Receive and enter inventory into ERP system
- Inspect received items for quality, quantity and accuracy
- Picking and kitting electronic components for production
- Issue materials as per work orders from ERP system
- Point of contact for various inquiries
- Communicating floor shortages/inventory discrepancies to Inventory Control Specialist and escalating issues as necessary to Inventory Supervisor
- Perform cycle counts to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Stock inventory in allocated storage locations
- Inventory stock room and receiving bays maintenance and upkeep
- Adhering to the Company’s safety policies and procedures, as well as those set out by OSHA
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Forklift certification and experience operating a Reach Truck forklift is preferred
- Experience with UPS and/or Fed-Ex shipping system is desirable
- Experience with international shipments is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Acute attention to detail is required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending
- Able to work Overtime and Weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- ERP experience (preferably SAP experience) is definitely a plus.
- Self-motivated team player capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Avigilon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It is the policy of Avigilon to comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Upon request, Avigilon will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to fully participate in the application process