Senior Global Procurement Manager
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
- Execute the strategic vision for procuring raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods to support changing customer requirements;
- Transform the procurement team from a traditional, tactical group to a progressive, collaborative and strategic team, adding value;
- Evaluate, make recommendations, and develop organization-wide procurement policies and procedures for the implementation of standard best practices;
- Support regional manufacturing with ad-hoc requests requiring supplier deliveries to meet customer requirements;
- Manage and mentor the Supply Chain team, including setting performance objectives, regular team meetings and communicating direction and changes, and training;
- Create an efficient procurement culture based on strong process, continuous improvement, and team development;
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships and act as the key point of contact for all supplier escalations;
- Implement innovative ideas within the supply base and communicate to business teams;
- Analyze complex situations and data, providing creative solutions to achieve desired result;
- Value the benefit of business and process changes through total cost and value analysis;
- Drive accountability and provide strong leadership to direct reports;
- Develop metrics and use data to drive continuous improvement into support of business management and strategy;
- Liaise with Engineering on material requirements for the transition of new and existing products into manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or technical field;
- MBA a plus;
- PMAC, SCMP, APICS, C.P.M. or equivalent certification;
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in procurement;
- Experience in a global medium to high volume mix manufacturing organization;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a global team to achieve desired outcomes in US and Canada would be an asset;
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is a benefit;
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to travel (up to 15%).
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment with a daily sense of urgency. Taking initiative to solve problems and deliver results;
- Ability to work in teams, maintaining a high level of communication and interaction;
- Detail oriented with a willingness to adapt and be flexible in a growing company;
- Strong business acumen, a passion for structured problem solving;
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.