Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon is seeking a passionate leader to manage a highly engaged and intrinsically motivated Manufacturing Engineering team. This position requires someone who is hands-on and has Lean manufacturing experience. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of Lean manufacturing implementation, strong technical skills, is decisive, has excellent project management and communication skills, and has the motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Mentors, develops, manages and evaluates team members
- Primary responsibility is to make certain all production commitments are met by ensuring functional and proper tooling, fixtures, jigs and processes are employed in the factory
- Drive the implementation of Lean manufacturing through collaboration with the Continuous Improvement Leader
- Diagnose and prioritize opportunities in areas of labor savings, throughput improvement, yield improvement, and other operational cost reduction opportunities
- Lead the implementation of identified improvements by working closely with Production personnel and Continuous Improvement Leader
- Facilitate and support Kaizen activities to identify and analyze operational improvement opportunities
- Provide DFx guidance and input to product development team during the design phase of new products; assess process requirements for capital equipment and labor
- Executes PFMEA and DOE as required to ensure proper process implementation and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics or Industrial preferred)
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing/supervising a Manufacturing Engineering team
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing implementation experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Experience with ERP and PLM systems
- Basic project management principles and practices
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Lean/6 Sigma Black or Green Belt certification
- SAP experience
- Project Management certification
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution (MES) systems
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.