Human Resources Business Partner
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Reporting to the Manager, Global HR Business Partner, the Human Resource Business Partner will apply operational and strategic level HR practices and programs in collaboration with Department leaders with a focus on attracting, developing and engaging employees of Avigilon.
- Partner with business leaders and their teams to provide leadership and focused support in: coaching and performance management, employee relations, change management, identification of learning and development needs, retention strategies and career development
- Accurately diagnose organization challenges, develop solutions and partner with managers to implement action plans
- Drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals of assigned client groups
- Partner with business leaders to support the communication and transition plan on change initiatives impacting the business
- Serve as a coach and consultant to all levels of leaders and employees while leading the implementation of ongoing talent, success and development plans for the organization
- Work in close partnership with in house Recruitment team and hiring managers to establish recruitment strategies that address talent needs.
- Utilize knowledge of HR legal issues to best support the business, ensuring compliance with employment laws without creating a legalistic environment
- Keep abreast of relevant BC employment law
- Provide coaching and mentorship to more junior members of the HR team
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR processes and trends
- Develop and drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in employee development, coaching, team alignment, and organizational development practices within complex business and high growth environment. Business oriented individual who approaches his/her work with a strategic mindset
- Ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization. High degree of political savvy
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Comfortable operating in a matrix and constantly changing environment
- Proven leadership and collaboration capability
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Background or education in government compliance regulations preferred
- Possess a high level of integrity – must show good judgment and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of BC employment laws
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred- Master’s Degree in Business and/or Human Resource Management
- Preferred- Human Resource Certification
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.