Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
What will you be doing?
- As part of a team, you will design and deliver software features for our security monitoring solutions.
- Release high quality software to our customers for their mission-critical public safety and security systems through working on a cross-disciplinary scrum team with software, QA, and product management.
- Researching and identifying new directions for security software, for example, automating the analysis of peta-byte sized video vaults to bring suspicious activity into the user’s focus in real time.
- Having fun. We run annual hack-a-thons, have hockey and soccer teams, and a lot of great people.
We want you to succeed, so you’ll need:
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- Experience with C++ is also an asset.
- An unending desire to learn
Team fit and culture are very important to us. We have a keen eye for people who:
- Are self-motivated and take the initiative to get things done.
- Have demonstrated a strong desire to innovate.
- Have earned a high level of trust from past employers and colleagues.
- Are unafraid to try.
- Are detail-oriented. We love details!
When you join us, the technologies and processes you’ll be working with include:
- Node.js (ES6)
- Google Protobuf
- C++ in a Windows or Linux Environment
- Test Driven Development
- Digital video and audio encoding
- Agile Scrum
- Git and Mercurial
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.