Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
- Purchase material for inventory to support manufacturing and customer orders;
- Plan and manage inventory levels of purchased materials;
- Work closely with suppliers, manufacturing teams and receiving in ensuring timely deliveries and maintaining optimal inventory level and product quality;
- Manage purchase order actions (reschedules, cancels, expedites, confirmations) and ensures on time delivery;
- Mentor team members and share knowledge on procurement and inventory best practices;
- Identify and drive continuous improvements within Purchasing practices;
- Identify risks from the changing procurement environment, and potential risk mitigation;
- Drive and Negotiate with suppliers methods to reduce lead-times, MOQ and increase supply flexibility;
- Generate reports and perform analysis on inventory, freight, an optimal order quantities, and other related data;
- Cultivate and further develop relationships with existing suppliers through relationship building and negotiations;
- Maintain parts in the ERP system including lead times, price, MOQ and Supplier;
- Monitor, manage and report on achievements on key purchasing indicators in line with department requirements and rules;
- Actively plan and execute total cost reduction opportunities;
- Prepare RFQ’s, obtain and evaluate quotes, and negotiate terms and conditions for specified product lines;
- Responsible for oversight and processing of supplier non-conformances, returns and rework as a member of the MRB team;
- Resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and suppliers’ invoices.
- PMAC, SCMP, APICS, C.P.M. or equivalent certification;
- 5-10 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience working SAP an asset;
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is a benefit;
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel;
- Results driven, problem solver with proven ability to drive projects to a successful conclusion;
- Team oriented and good communication skills are essential;
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment;
- Leadership skills would be an asset.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.