Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
What will you be doing?
• Designing features for our mobile monitoring solutions. We design and build everything from the hardware to the software for our video surveillance and access control systems.
• Release high quality software to our customers for their mission-critical public safety and security systems through working on a cross-disciplinary scrum team with embedded UX, QA, and product management.
• Integrating with backend services to deliver a secure, fast and scalable mobile user experience.
• Researching new directions for security software, for example using AI and mobile devices to help guards get to a security incident while it’s still happening.
• Having fun. We run annual hack-a-thons, have hockey and soccer teams and lot of great people.
We want you to succeed, so you’ll need:
• A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
• Experience with iOS or Android development and design patterns.
• An unending desire to learn (hint: can you demonstrate this)
Team fit and culture are very important to us. We have a keen eye for people who:
• Are self-motivated and take the initiative to get things done.
• Have demonstrated a strong desire to innovate.
• Have earned a high level of trust from past employers and colleagues.
• Are unafraid to try.
• Do their best work as part of a team.
When you join us, the technologies and processes you’ll be working with include:
• Swift & Java
• Native and 3rd party frameworks for iOS and Android
• Test Driven Development
• Digital video and audio encoding
• REST and socket.io
• Agile Scrum
• Git and Mercurial
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.