Team Lead - Shipping
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all shipments are completed on time and accurately each day
• Plan and schedule resources to accomplish the work load
• Work closely with Logistics on all international shipping requirements, freight claims, and other Logistics requirements and responsibilities as needed
• Finished Goods inventory organization and replenishment
• Recommend and implement efficiency improvements
• Challenge and inspire team to achieve results
• Communicate effectively with Order Management and Planning
• Train and develop shipping staff
• Ensure Operating Procedures for Shipping, and other company policies and procedures as applicable, are followed
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications (indicated preferred or required)
• Required High School completed
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar lead or supervisory role preferred
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Preferably have a forklift license and experience with an electric pallet jack
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• Self-motivated team player capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced work environment
• Acute attention to detail is required
Other Items (ie. travel):
Direct Reports (List position titles of direct reports)
• Shipping Clerk(s)
Working Conditions (ie. lifting, standing for long periods)
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!