Sourcing Manager, Electronics
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Along with other team members, the Sourcing Manager is responsible for the management of Avigilon’s Electronics portfolio. His or her primary sourcing responsibilities relate to new or existing products and suppliers, negotiating supply agreements, managing on-going cost reduction, and quality improvements.
- Develop and execute Avigilon's sourcing strategy and reduce total cost of ownership for Electronics hardware components
- Conduct supplier analysis, evaluate potential suppliers, and manage the overall supplier qualification process
- Develop and create sourcing plans, requests for proposals, and other sourcing documents
- Continually lead productivity, quality & delivery improvement initiatives to reduce total cost of ownership through negotiation, consolidation, vendor development, and concurrent engineering
- Act as the primary interface with designated suppliers of Electronics products, including relationship management, contract negotiation issues, supplier performance and business reviews
- Negotiate and implement sustainable supply agreements supporting Avigilon’s business, financial & legal requirements
- Manage commercial and supplier aspects of new product development and sourcing projects
- Work on project and/or assignments as required, using approved guidelines
- Post-Secondary Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of in depth supply chain experience with proven abilities in: Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracts, Project Management
- Subject matter expertise in the area of Electronics products
- Ability to independently assess, define and solve complex supply chain and procurement issues, including resolution of part shortages or supply constraints
- Experience in global supplier and market analysis
- Cross-functional team experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools & ERP Systems
- Demonstrated results in directly related roles
- Some sourcing experience with Optics is an asset
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.