Senior Engineering Manager
Somerville, MA, USA
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon is looking for a hands-on Senior Engineering Manager to join its cloud applications product team. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers to design, develop, test, and deploy our best of breed cloud-based applications and services. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, is decisive and always has a strong point of view for the topic at hand, has excellent project management and communication skills, believes in delivering often, leads as well as manages and has a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to prioritize initiatives to deliver the greatest value to the business at the right time
- Drive architectural decisions, build and scale our cloud applications and services to serve our world-wide user base
- Influence the roadmap and product development of Avigilon’s cloud-based products and services
- Anticipate what’s next with one eye always to the future.
- Recruit, inspire, and build a high-performance team
- 8+ years of hands-on technical leadership and engineering management experience
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals and software engineering best practices in an Agile and waterfall environments
- Expertise building and deploying applications in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Expertise building cloud infrastructure, service, deployment and monitoring
- Experience with maintaining the stability, performance and scalability of the cloud platform with strong attention to SLA’s.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure iOT Hub, Streaming Analytics and Service Bus
- Working experience with deployment and maintenance of Redis Cache, SQL Server and NoSQL solutions
- Experience with network border traversal protocols such as WebRTC, ICE, STUN and TURN
- Experience with container technology such as Docker
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of continuous delivery tools and best practices
- Experience evaluating and using open source solutions that fit business needs
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, etc.