Production Associate- PM shift
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures to manually build various level 2 products
• Assemble mechanical sub-assemblies (bases and covers)
• Preparing and packaging various accessories and documentation
• Verification of work order BOMs and components
• Programming and serialization of assembled products
• Perform initial quality testing of completed products
• Plug in and remove cameras from burn in stations
• Programming of PCBAs
• Comply with Company guidelines and safe work procedures and regulatory requirements per Avigilon Quality System
• Maintaining a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
• Follow ESD safe handling practices
• Assisting in other manufacturing areas as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications (indicated preferred or required)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Manufacturing experience in an electronics environment is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent manual dexterity
• Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
• Following direction while working with a team and maintaining a positive and respectful workplace
• Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving
• Ability to read, write and speak English
Working Conditions (ie. lifting, standing for long periods)
• Plant Environment
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!