Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Reports to: Manager of Legal Operations
Relates to: Legal Department
The Administrative Assistant will provide direct administrative support to the members of the Legal Department, in a role that involves a wide variety of both typical and complex administrative tasks.
- Providing administrative support services to the Legal Department (and others as assigned)
- Create and manage everyday correspondence (sensitive), memos, presentations and other documentation as requested
- Responding to telephone, email and in person enquiries, in accordance with the priorities and expectations established by the Legal Department
- Conducting research, and assembling and analyzing data for reports and documents where needed
- Working on legal projects as required
- File management (including scanning, copying, saving documents in paper and electronic form)
- General administrative duties (including, but not limited to, booking meetings/appointments, sending emails, sending out mail/courier)
- Administrative Assistant certificate from an accredited institution (completion of LAA program an asset)
- 0 - 3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Ability to work with information that is confidential in nature
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and an ability to produce accurate work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and exercise judgement and creativity in assessing and addressing tasks and related issues
- Willingness to learn new things, take on new responsibilities, and be challenged
- Excellent speaking and writing skills, including proper use of grammar, spelling and proof reading
- General understanding of legal terminology an asset
- Experience with a document management system and a task management system an asset
- Experience with data entry and file management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook applications
Please provide your cover letter and your resume in Word format. Your cover letter should be to the attention of "Manager of Legal Operations".
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.