Agile Software Project Manager
Boston, MA, USA
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions Company, provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
As a member of the Product Development group, you will engage with many talented and motivated software developers and members from other departments, all working together to develop cutting edge new software features and products built upon the latest and greatest in hardware and systems technologies. As a Project Manager, while prescribing to only a simple established framework, you have an opportunity to be creative and blaze new territory to navigate projects to success.
- Take on the role of Scrum Master on one or more teams while driving the creation and coordination of software product and feature delivery across Agile scrum teams
- Create complete project schedule and planning documents, including but not limited to: effort estimates, resource requirements, and capital costs
- Establish project milestones and iterations based on risk and priority analysis
- Daily interactions with Software Developers
- Work closely with technical leaders to monitor progress and identify issues as early as possible
- Work with other Software, Firmware and Hardware project managers and coordinate project dependencies across functional teams and departments
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and suppliers as appropriate
- Utilize Avigilon’s issue-tracking system for project planning, execution, and tracking
- Actively monitor project progress, track outstanding issues and risks, chair project meetings, follow up on action items, and provide timely project status updates to engineering management team
- Continuously evolve software project management processes to ensure an efficient project lifecycle and delivery with daily interactions with our software development teams.
- Extensive experience with software project management in an Agile environment
- Proven history of driving Agile software product and feature delivery initiatives
- Hands on experience with software development, maintenance and 3rd party programs
- The ability to visualize project progression and anticipate and avoid risks to project success
- Good understanding of the Software development process and its project planning challenges
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proactive, open and honest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be local to the Greater Boston area
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate, nice to have
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Background in software development
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, etc.