Associate Product Manager, Hardware
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, this role is responsible for supporting the hardware solutions team in expanding Avigilon’s portfolio of enterprise video hardware including appliances, video servers and storage solutions. This position typically involves supporting a variety of efforts within the organization necessary to achieve the business and goals for that product portfolio. Successful candidate will be working with a diverse team of product managers, engineers and marketing professionals on a variety of innovative solutions to drive Avigilon’s growth strategy.
- Being the voice of the market and customer within the organization
- Support product managers in conducting customer and market surveys
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the needs of the physical security market by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers for our key verticals and geographic markets
- Deeply understanding the competitive environment and our product competitive position
- Product Roadmap
- Establishing clear product vision – the who, what, why, where, and when (but not the how) and champion that within the organization and ensure all project decisions are consistent with that vision
- Own and manage elements of the video hardware portfolio throughout the entire product life cycle
- Develop and maintain the business case for each project including revenue projections and project ROI
- Liaise requirements between software, integrations, analytics and hardware teams
- Continually monitor product performance and take action accordingly
- Manage engineering and manufacturing change requests
- Create technical presentations for various stakeholders to communicate changes, new releases and product EOL
- Validate sales forecast working with Finance, Planning and Analysis
- Garner technical product knowledge, respond to field inquiries and escalations
- Work closely with training teams to develop material and sales tools for internal and partner training courses
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Engineering related fields preferred
- Exceptional critical thinker, decisive, ability to anticipate market trends, evaluate trade-offs and risk in a manner that results in a well thought out strategy.
- Familiarity with hardware product lifecycle in a manufacturing environment. Project management experience would be an asset.
- Candidate will possess both technical and business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Strong oral communication skills. Able to effectively present ideas, roadmap elements, status updates and/or proposals to upper levels of management, including non-technical staff.
- Exceptional written communication skills in support of vision, market, Exceptional relationship skills that support strong sustained interaction with customers, prospects, industry leaders, and the development organization.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently
Preference will be giving to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Previous application engineering or product management experience
- Familiarity with enterprise networking, compute and storage technology, ideally in the context of video
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.