Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
- Responsible for logistics operations, freight, and carrier management as well as support the distribution channels including US, Canada, Plano, Brazil and The Netherlands
- Monitor and ensure delivery of all purchase orders, sales orders, including all documentation, system updates, and internal and external communication
- Provide support to Vendor’s inquiry
- Coordinate the brokerage and forwarders interface
- Support global compliance initiatives
- Manage requirements to support freight forwarders and collect shipments.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure freight inbound from suppliers is mode and spend optimized
- Prepare export documentation required for daily shipments, which includes but not limited to commercial invoices, packing list, COO, Declarations etc
- Maintain Avigilon’s export requirement database to reflect documentation required when shipping to 100+ destination countries in the world
- Track & expedite (when needed) shipments to ensure on time delivery.
- Coordinate customer returns as required through the US distribution warehouse.
- Work closely with service providers to assure efficient and effective execution of service requirements.
- Collect data for and reporting service provider KPI’s
- Degree or College Diploma or equitant experience with in International Business or related field or a College Diploma or and equivalent business experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in logistics and/or import/export coordination. Preferred in a global operations at a company with revenues of >500 million
- Strong working knowledge of an ERP system
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a logistics management
- Trade and Compliance knowledge or experience would be an asset
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with a willingness to adapt and be flexible in a growing company
- Ability to resolve issues between internal and external stakeholders
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.