Marketing Specialist, Corporate Communications
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Global Communications, the Marketing Specialist, Corporate Communications will help support our fast-paced and growing organization. This person will be responsible for creating internal communication materials to promote employee engagement, help build our corporate culture, and assist in the creation communications materials for our senior leadership team. This is a fast-paced, growth orientated environment, and this role will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity for a talented communications professional.
- Help develop and execute an internal communication strategy to drive employee engagement, company awareness and consistent internal messaging.
- Create and maintain an internal communications calendar.
- Draft a variety of internal communication materials including quarterly newsletters, quarterly financial emails, weekly emails around employee engagement, and content for our intranet site.
- Organize and deliver annual company-wide townhalls.
- Assist with planning and managing events involving our senior leadership team.
- Draft material for senior leadership including speaking notes, bios, and messaging documents for public engagements.
- Communicate organizational initiatives and projects to employees.
- Work seamlessly to collaborate with our senior leadership team, as well as our marketing, sales, product marketing managers, event coordinators, and communications team on collateral.
- Create content standards and ensure that all collateral meets those standards.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift priorities seamlessly.
- 5+ years of professional experience engaged in communications, marketing, producing content.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- Experience working closely with senior leadership and executives.
- Experience writing, editing and updating content.
- Ability to coordinate resources and manage projects at a strategic level while also executing on tactical content creation tasks.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, editing and grammar skills.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PPT skills.
- Attention to detail and an ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.