Continuous Improvement Site Leader
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
- Directing, leading and facilitating multiple CI projects simultaneously (working very closely with the Site Operations Director & management in order to support the entire manufacturing facility across different departments of the organization such as Production, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain teams).
- Evangelize and promote the continuous improvement culture at all levels across the organization.
- Implementing CI initiatives using Lean Six Sigma principles and methodologies such as Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC, PDCA, Visual Manufacturing and 5s.
- Train and develop CI skills throughout all levels of the manufacturing facility. Training would include yellow belts, green belts and other generic courses for all other employees in general.
- Conduct root cause analysis being able to define, measure and track metrics.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes, fix material/process flow issues, estimate production capacity and to create layout/facility designs.
- Project management & execution per agreed time lines (resource coordination and progress reporting).
- Be able to create and modify process documentation (procedures & work instructions).
- Maintain site’s CI program metrics adhering to the Global CI program.
- Be able to identify, calculate and report demonstrated process improvement savings and benefits.
- Black Belt and/or extensive Lean training with demonstrated application is required.
- 5 Years+ of proven continuous improvement experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Post-Secondary school diploma or Bachelor degree in Business or Engineering.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to work effectively in a team environment, throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Solid change agent with demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- CI software applications such as Minitab, AutoCAD, Visio and other Lean tools and simulation packages.
- Project management certifications (PMP or similar).
- Black Belt and/or Master Black belt is a plus.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.