Service Repair Specialist
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
- Review daily repair requests, inspect, troubleshoot, determine part repair replacements, estimate required work and materials, and execute repair and test.
- Perform repair steps such as soldering, surface-mount part replacement, IC programming, disassembly/assembly and testing.
- Closely work with RMA Technicians on return failure analysis and Inventory control team on replacement part requests to complete daily transactions.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- A degree or equivalent certificate in electrical, electronic or computer engineering is required.
- 5 plus years of working experience in a similar Returns/Service/RMA role, in an electronics manufacturing facility.
- Hands-on experience of electronics repair e.g. SMT components (chip components, fine-pitch IC’s) replacement, programming PCBA’s, mechanical/electronic product, disassembly/assembly.
- Experience in working with product schematics, assembly instructions and BOM’s.
- Able to perform repairs using schematics and electronic test/measurement equipment.
- Able to rework PCBA according to IPC-A-610 and/or IPC J-STD-001 soldering standard, including thru-hole and fine pitch components.
- Excellent manual dexterity and ability to lift up 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- IPC certification is an asset.
- ERP experience (preferably SAP experience) is definitely a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Good technical knowledge with ability to communicate issues concisely.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and quality requirements.
- Preferred background in electro mechanical hardware design.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.