The Building Operator is responsible for ensuring the timely completion of corrective and preventative work orders by utilizing their experience in multiple trades. They will support the department with internal moves and will maintain all facilities storage areas.
- Provide hands on expertise in areas of preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting, engineering and construction coordination
- Perform and document maintenance activities on all mechanical systems and equipment including but not limited to HVAC, compressors, nitrogen generators, exhaust fans, etc.
- Complete and coordinate all HV/AC service and repairs to include but not limited to service PM’s, troubleshooting, overall operation of RTU’s
- Coordinate and supervise work activities with subcontractors
- Complete small wall repairs, painting as needed
- Complete minor electrical repairs ( ballast, lighting, receptacles and switches)
- Repair and replacement of general fixtures, to include: doors, windows, walls, flooring, ceiling tiles, furniture, and cabinetry
- Overall building cleanliness to include exterior property grounds
- Ensures that all activities are conducted in compliance with any pertinent regulatory requirements and in accordance with provincial regulations, ethical and professional values
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge in Facilities and Manufacturing Maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as follow directions and work well with others
- Current and valid Type III refrigeration
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Flexibility to work on weekends if required
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
Avigilon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It is the policy of Avigilon to comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Upon request, Avigilon will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to fully participate in the application process.
Follow and learn more about Avigilon at: