Legal Assistant, Intermediate (in-house)
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Report to: Manager of Legal Operations
Relates to: Legal Department
Legal Assistant will be a key member of Avigilon’s Licensing team and Legal Department. The individual’s primary responsibility will be to provide timely, responsive and proactive legal support in relation to the operation of the Avigilon Patent License Program. Furthermore, as a member of Avigilon’s Legal Department, the individual may also provide direct administrative support to other members within the Legal Department.
- Provide day-to-day and project-based support to the Legal Department’s Licensing team, in relation to the administration, management and operations of the Avigilon Patent License Program. This will include providing support or otherwise taking responsibility for the following:
- Managing contracts and agreements as required including, but not limited to, the preparation, review and revision of such documentation
- Budgeting and cost management, including tracking and processing of invoices
- Researching, assembling and analyzing data for reports and documents where needed
- Day-to-day administrative duties in support of the Legal Department’s Licensing team, which will include:
- Creating and managing everyday correspondence, memos and/or presentations as requested
- Responding to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries, providing general information and referring inquiries to appropriate sources based on a broad knowledge of the Company
- Drafting (sensitive) correspondence
- File management (scanning/copying documents, saving documents in the department’s document management system and/or physical files/binders)
- General administrative duties (booking meetings/appointments, sending emails, sending out mail/courier, printing/scanning documents, etc.)
- Legal Assistant designation from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant
- Prior high volume contract management experience with a law firm or corporation preferred
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook applications
- Strong understanding of legal terminology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong research and analytical skills and detail oriented
Please provide your cover letter and your resume in Word format. Your cover letter should be to the attention of "Manager of Legal Operations".
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.