Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
What will you be doing?
- As part of a great team, you will help design and deliver innovative and compelling features for our access control product line.
- Actively participate at all stages of the development process: Brainstorming ideas, design, implementation in software and continuously improving what is there.
- Keep our software at the forefront of the industry by identifying new directions for software development and applying these concepts and technologies.
- Having fun! We have hackathons, hockey & soccer teams, play music and games.
We want you to succeed, so you’ll need:
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- An unending desire to learn and to apply and share what you learn.
- Good experience with C and C++ within Linux environments.
- Some experience with REST, Node.js, Ruby on Rails could also be an asset.
Team fit and culture are very important to us. We have a keen eye for people who:
- Are self-motivated, learn quickly and independently and are smart.
- Truly enjoy working with others in team environments.
- Are passionate about the work you do and excited by new challenges.
- Have demonstrated a strong desire to innovate and the initiative to get things done.
- Appreciate good design patterns and system architecture.
- Have earned a high level of trust from past employers and colleagues.
When you join us, the technologies and processes you’ll be working with include:
- Technologies you know (C++, C, LDAP, Active Directory etc.) and some you learn.
- Agile Scrum
- Git and Mercurial
- Test Driven Development
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.