Product Manager, Access Control (MAT leave coverage)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager – Access Control, this full time temporary nine month maternity leave contract (with potential additional nine months) position is responsible to ensure that every detail of the product definition, launch and maintenance is taken care of. Working closely with engineering, product marketing, supply chain, order management and other product managers, you will ensure that product vision is executed flawlessly to deliver a compelling and cohesive product solution.
- Must be the product champion coordinating with cross functional teams including but not limited to Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales, Sales Engineering, Planning, Order Management, Technical Support and IT
- Partner with our Engineering team throughout the product’s lifecycle to ensure high quality, on time releases that delight our customers by helping solve their challenges
- Assist in prioritizing the backlog of engineering tasks to ensure that we are delivering the highest value possible to the market in every release
- Provide engineering with regular feedback during development to ensure the development of a high quality product with an unmatched user experience
- Assess beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples, to validate ongoing product development and reduce go-to-market risk
- Assist with vendor management – meetings, planning and product knowledge
- Overseeing field product requests – features/functionality, integrations
- Assist in the development of sales tools and collateral
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, or extensive industry experience.
- Knowledge of access control and physical security
- Prior experience working with customers and understanding their needs and requirements
- Some product management experience
- Exceptional teamwork skills and an ability to develop & maintain internal and external relationships
- Exceptional relationship skills that support strong sustained interaction with customers, prospects, industry leaders, and the development organization
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, OneNote
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present ideas, status updates and/or proposals to upper levels of management, including non-technical staff as well as obtaining a detailed understanding of customer problems, goals, and issues