Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
The Building Operator is responsible for ensuring the timely completion of corrective and preventative work orders by utilizing their experience in multiple trades. They will support the department with internal moves and will maintain all facilities storage areas.
- Provide hands on expertise in areas of preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting, engineering and construction coordination
- Perform and document maintenance activities on all mechanical systems and equipment including but not limited to HVAC, Air compressors, nitrogen generators, exhaust fans, etc.
- Complete and coordinate all HV/AC service and repairs to include but not limited to service PM’s, troubleshooting, overall operation of RTU’s
- Coordinate and supervise work activities with subcontractors
- Complete small wall repairs, painting as needed
- Complete minor electrical repairs ( ballast, lighting, receptacles and switches)
- Repair and replacement of general fixtures, to include: doors, windows, walls, flooring, ceiling tiles, furniture, and cabinetry
- Overall building cleanliness to include exterior property grounds
- Ensures that all activities are conducted in compliance with any pertinent regulatory requirements and in accordance with provincial regulations, ethical and professional values
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge in Facilities and Manufacturing Maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as follow directions and work well with others
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Flexibility to work on weekends if required
- Strong organization and prioritization skills