Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon’s Video Appliance team works on the research, development, and manufacturing of embedded computers (mostly based on x86 architecture) with specific custom features to adapt them to security surveillance environment (ex. Including PoE ports for cameras.) We also develop rackmount enterprise systems for use in large-scale, enterprise environments. We’re looking for an electrical / computer engineer to work with ODM manufacturers.
- Work with ODMs to:
- specify product features
- define system architecture (Intel)
- Evaluate mechanical and thermal solutions
- Review electrical design and PCB layout
- Work to define and review product testing
- Review and verify technical issues. Suggest, test and approve improvements.
- Work with SW, product management, compliance, quality and manufacturing teams to release a high quality product on budget and on schedule
- Submit ECOs and BOMs into a PLM system
- Work with internal engineering team (Electrical and Mechanical) to evaluate and approve ODM proposals.
- Work with internal device testing team to define test requirements on final product (appliance)
- Work with internal software team to support integration to ODM hardware
- Be willing to travel to ODM locations as required to resolve issues
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in developing products for manufacture
- Extensive knowledge of EMC and safety standards and design requirements to ensure that the products meet these standards
- Hands-on testing and troubleshooting experience
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for electronics and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and work within a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience working with Surveillance products – IP Cameras, Network Video Recorders, etc.
- Experience working with OEM and OEM companies, especially off-shore companies
- Experience in the design and development of Intel x86 based products
- Experience working with Mechanical and Thermal design team
- Experience working with manufacturing and/or CM
- Experience with product compliance and safety certification
- Experience with Linux OS
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.