At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
- Gather, analyze and validate data that will be used in preparing forecasts.
- Consult with Product Managers, Product Development, Sales, Finance and Operations to obtain relevant data and insights on demand.
- Utilize MS Excel and SAP to develop Demand plans to maximize business targets (Sales, Inventory, Customer Order Fulfillment).
- Prepare reports and data that will be used in the Sales & Operations Planning Process including assumptions, analysis and recommendations.
- Measure and report on forecast accuracy
- Develop and maintain an Inventory and Replenishment Plan that supports our Service Levels while minimizing inventory exposure
- Review, assess, and report on supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk.
- Work with regional Supply Planners and Order Management to manage exceptions caused by significant, unexpected events
- Work with Product Managers, Product Development and Operations to forecast demand for new products; and successfully transition them to Production.
- Provide input to the development of inventory policies and parameters
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Strong computer skills and Advanced Level Excel are required
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, within a manufacturing environment required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment required
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgment
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience preference given to those with operations management or supply chain background
- APICS Certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in a similar planning role
- Working knowledge of SAP is an asset
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.