Technical Support Specialist
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!
Reporting to a Technical Support Team Lead, the Technical Support Specialist ensures critical customer issues are resolved quickly and accurately. Success in this role will be defined by: a strong customer-oriented mentality, a thorough systematic approach to troubleshooting, and the curiosity to learn about a diverse set of technologies.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Avigilon software and products, including cameras, servers, and networks.
- Troubleshoot Avigilon hardware and software products over the phone and through remote sessions
- Concisely document software, hardware, and network information in a case management system
- Provide an exceptional customer experience during calls, emails, chat, and customer escalations
- Assist customers with installation, operational, maintenance and or training related inquiries for products and applications
- Prioritize between tasks including inbound calls, existing case management, live chat, email requests
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures
- Experience in a customer service or technical support role
- Exceptional skills in problem solving, time management, and verbal/written communication
- Self-motivated and focused with a passion for technology and customer satisfaction
- Must be able to quickly learn and understand new ideas and concepts
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Technical Support or contact center experience
- Degree, Diploma, or certificates in a related discipline
- Prior surveillance industry experience
- French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Italian fluency
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.