Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon operates two manufacturing facilities in Richmond, British Columbia; and Plano, Texas. This key role oversees manufacturing engineering in both locations and a team of four.
- Responsible for Avigilon’s manufacturing strategy including developing, communicating and implementing activities, tests and processes to match manufacturing operations and corporate goals and objectives
- Primary interface between Manufacturing and Engineering departments
- Provide DFx guidance to engineering during design and development of new products
- Develop cost effective tooling, fixtures and test platforms to support capacity requirements
- Lead NPI efforts at the global level to support Avigilon factory NPIs and production ramp
- Manage and develop a technical team of manufacturing and test engineers capable of executing to the strategic plan with innovation ability, engineering know-how and proven core competence
- Optimize processes to reduce assembly, test and pack times through process enhancements, design changes and early design input during new product development
- Responsible for helping to integrate a LEAN/CI approach, providing strong leadership to change the culture
- Drive factory yield improvements through establishing systems/tools that enable effective data capture, process enhancements, design changes and early design input during new product development
- Review, evaluate and coordinate implementation of product changes (ECOs)
- Manage all manufacturing technology transfers for clone factories, fulfillment centers, product acquisitions, etc.
- Assist in developing and managing operational expense and capital budgets
- Ensure timely completion of projects/plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Previously managed manufacturing technical operations/manufacturing engineering teams
- Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to design/technical issues
- Strong leadership skills
- Lean or six sigma experience
- Ability to lead, coach and develop a team of manufacturing engineers
- Must be able to analyze and resolve complex process development and ongoing support issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Eagerness to operate in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Possess project management skills, detail orientation and strong analytical skills
- Ability to conduct occasional travel
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.