Manager, Business Applications
Under the general direction of the Director, IT, the Manager, Business Applications is responsible for the development and operational support of Avigilon’s business applications. The Business Applications team is responsible for the development and operational support of all non-ERP applications that are managed by IT. The team’s responsibilities include:
- Salesforce (CRM)
- Database administration
- IT project management
- QA for IT development
- SharePoint 2016
- System integration and architecture design, including post deployment support
- General business applications support
- Department specific contract and vendor management
The Business Applications team is a virtual team with staff members working from multiple office locations, including Vancouver, BC and Plano, TX. The Business Applications team is not responsible for Avigilon’s ERP (SAP) systems as that is developed and maintained by a separate team, however both teams work very closely due to the high level of integration between systems.
- Drive results and business alignment by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring business systems are configured to best practices, are performant, highly available, backed up and properly documented.
- Provide Business Solution and Technical Analysis support by working with end users to define / refine requirements, support functional / integration testing, train, and implement solutions in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Manage the departments project portfolio by:
- overseeing the collection of business requests
- developing project time, cost and impact estimates
- work with senior leadership to establish priorities
- work with team members and project managers on the delivery of approved projects
- update the department’s project portfolio management system with timely updates
- provide business stakeholders and senior leadership with project updates, escalating issues for decision making as required
- Oversee the design and development of interfaces and data conversions for system integrations. This includes interfacing with internal and external systems.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives and present the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Work with the team to explain/clarify business requirements/rationale to help create solutions that meet business needs.
- Situation management during operational incidents, providing leadership to the team, and facilitating communication with impacted stakeholders.
- Meeting regularly with business stakeholders, developing and maintaining a positive, service oriented relationship.
- Ensure that the issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead the team in the application of ITIL methodologies and the consistent, and accurate use of Avigilon’s ITSM platform.
- Support ad-hoc analysis to identify root cause of production problems and develop timely solutions.
- Interact professionally with clients and business areas to provide a high quality of service.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, MBA preferred.
- Five years’ experience leading the operational support of business applications.
- Previous management experience and a proven track record of effectively leading and managing projects and employees, managing performance, setting goals for team/individuals and provide mentoring.
- Strong practical understanding of Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices, ITIL certification preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with experience managing CRM systems, specifically Salesforce.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced/dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to independently learn new systems / technology.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Strong understanding of the system design and architecture concepts including service oriented architecture.
- Ability to define technical specifications based on client business requirements or functional specifications from business analysts.