Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
- Lead/contribute to the effort to optimize product development team productivity and velocity by developing and integrating state of the art tool flows and processes.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code quality, testing, and maintainability
- Collaborate with development teams to influence design for testability
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team to improve automated test coverage
- Peer review code for adherence to coding standards and design guidelines
- Work in an open culture where design, code and ideas are open to scrutiny and discussion
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior developers
This job is an important new position for our team. We are looking for candidates who have experience in the following areas: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks.
- 3+ years development experience
- Strong C++ design and programming skills
- Strong scripting skills: Python, Ruby, Bash
- Advanced knowledge of build systems & build infrastructure tools: make, cmake, buildbot, Bamboo, docker
- Advanced knowledge of version control systems: git, mercurial, Artifactory
- You take pride in delivering clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Experience with development in a Linux environment for ARM processors
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.