Avigilon provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
- Responsible for monitoring, interpreting and implementing worldwide laws and directives with regards to regulatory product compliance for video and security products – primarily safety, emissions and immunity standards
- Interface with various suppliers along with industry and manufacturing partners to ensure product regulatory compliance
- Serve as a subject matter expert on interpreting standard/certification requirements
- Work proactively with engineering team during the full life cycle design/development process to ensure compliance of the product design
- Advocate on behalf of Avigilon with the test labs
- Review and verify product regulatory compliance documents from 3rd party partners and suppliers
- Produce and maintain required compliance certificates, test reports and data to show conformance to regulatory requirements
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience in high tech industry
- Experience working with certification bodies and test labs
- Extensive knowledge of globally certifying Information Technology Equipment including UL, FCC, ICES, CE, RCM, KC, EAC, NOM, VCCI, BIS, NRCS, SABS, PSB, BSMI, Anatel certification
- Experience with UWB and RF certification
- Extensive knowledge of the following standards:
- Safety: IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1, IEC 62471, IEC 60950-22
- Emissions: EN 55032, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3
- Immunity: EN 55024, EN 61000-6-1, EN 50130-4
- Experience with compliance testing
- Excellent knowledge of formal documentation requirements to support global product certifications including writing and reviewing safety (CB Scheme) and EMC test reports.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations including RoHS, REACH, WEEE, conflict minerals
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain standard requirements clearly.
- Goal driven and good business acumen
- Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.