Inventory Control Specialist
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
This role will be reporting to the Warehouse Manager. Overtime expected from time to time on weekends.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigating inventory discrepancies and performing root cause analysis investigations
- Reconcile any inventory discrepancies in the ERP system
- Perform inventory transactions, including scrap adjustments and inventory movements
- Communicating with stakeholders regarding scrap material
- Owning & reporting transactions RMA, RTV, Refurbished+ inventory
- Continuous Improvement, Process Improvements & training others
- Administration of yearend physical inventory count
- Review current inventory management practices and making suggestions for improvements
- Reviewing & reporting on all transaction points, finding & resolving problems.
- Exercising Inventory control through cross training to other stakeholders & departments
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Skill, and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Operations Management or equivalent; certification from a vocational or trade school preferred
- 3 to 4 years previous work experience in a similar role
- Detailed understanding of Manufacturing BOMs and Routings
- Strong working knowledge of SAP
- Acute attention to detail required
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Ability to work independently and as a part of team
- APICS certification (CPIM)