Avigilon provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
What will you be doing?
- As part of a scrum team, you will design and deliver software features for our security monitoring solutions.
- Researching and developing new features for our state-of-the-art video surveillance systems.
- Working on technologies that save lives, secure property, and make the world a safer place.
- Having fun. We run annual hack-a-thons, have hockey and soccer teams, and lot of great people.
- Learning a variety of technology stacks to solve complex problems.
We want you to succeed, so you’ll need:
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- Experience with Java Script ES6 in a NodeJS environment.
- Experience with C++ is also an asset.
- A desire to learn, grow, and contribute.
Team fit and culture are very important to us. We have a keen eye for people who:
- Are self-motivated and take the initiative to get things done.
- Have demonstrated a strong desire to innovate.
- Have earned a high level of trust from past employers and colleagues.
- Are unafraid to try.
- Do their best work as part of a team.
When you join us, the technologies and processes you’ll be working with include:
- Java Script ES6 in a NodeJS.
- Google’s Protobuff, WebRTC, Stun, and Turn.
- C++ v11/v14 in a Windows or Linux Environment.
- Test Driven Development.
- Digital video and audio encoding in various formats like H264, H265, and mp4.
- Agile Scrum.
- Git and Mercurial.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.