Avigilon provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery and overall project management of major internal IT driven initiatives at Avigilon. This role will be accountable for leading cross functional teams to complete projects within allotted timelines and budgets, and in a manner that enables the business value of the initiatives to be realized. Working in close collaboration with the Program Manager and Manager of Business Applications, she/he will document and manage project scope and objectives, detailed work plans, project schedules, resource plans and status reports, conduct project meetings, ensure adherence to quality standards, and build dynamic and solid relationships.
- Work with business stakeholder groups across multiple business units and functional departments.
- Consistently apply project management methodology, standards, practices, processes and artifacts to all projects and work streams.
- Proactively, identify, address, and resolve issues/problems as, or before they occur.
- Manage relationships with third party system integrators and vendors assisting with delivery and support for enterprise systems and associated services.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Ensure that due diligence is applied and governance requirements are met, including risk and issue management.
- Manage expectations with senior leadership and key stakeholders and effectively communicate all aspects of project delivery (reporting at all stakeholder levels).
- Define and lead change management activities based on awareness of the details of the change and groups being impacted.
- Identify and lead a project implementation and operational readiness plan that ensures smooth introduction of new capabilities and processes while managing organizational change impacts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience successfully implementing medium to large IT projects.
- Proven knowledge of SLCM (software life cycle management) and support services.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification would be an asset.
- Proven experience managing third party system integrators and contract resources, and internal resource allocation management.
- Experience implementing IT solutions requiring complex and multiple integration points, data reconciliation and migrations.
- Excel at managing multiple stakeholder groups and interests.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills working with various stakeholder groups.
- Proven ability and expertise to lead complex software development initiatives.
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills including; coaching and team building (cross functional), negotiation and conflict management, critical thinking and problem solving, ability to motivate others, risk and issue management, budget and forecast management and change management.
- Proven ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Leadership – proven success in building and leading high performing teams, achieving results through others and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Relationship building – ability to work within a dynamic team setting and build collaborative and trusting relationships internally, and externally within client organizations.
- Communication – strong and effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to target communications to different audiences.
- Customer oriented – demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions.
- Innovative thinking – ability to lead innovative and /or transformative projects with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Critical thinking – ability to analyze large amounts of data, question assumptions and make logical, well thought out decisions.
- Adaptability - open to change/new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Detail oriented – excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Results focused – ability to organize and drive results while managing multiple, and at times competing, priorities.
- Conflict management and resolution skills – proven ability to build consensus, anticipate concerns and drive resolution to problems and issues.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.