At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
- Develop and maintain Quality Assurance(QA) standards and framework
- Build and oversee execution of Test Strategies and Test Plans for Information Technology (IT) projects
- Oversee all aspects of IT quality assurance and test coordination and test execution for IT projects to ensure that project teams deliver high quality IS solutions that accurately meets business needs and expectations
- Work with business stakeholders and project leaders to complete test planning and to document test scripts that are traceable to requirements
- Conduct workshops to support planning and test execution activities
- Coordinate testing across business (user acceptance) and IT teams (unit/system testing)
- Execute tests for functional, non-functional, and technical requirements ensuring that QA documents are thorough and structured, and that documented requirements are traceable to test results
- Produce and prioritize defect reports for managed releases
- Conduct performance metrics reporting and analysis for related IT
- Foster team work across IT and business teams for a one-team culture
- Adhere to IT processes and standards
- Provide timely status updates to project managers or senior business analysts
- Provide assistance on technology assessments and identification of technology solutions; identify and recommend QA and testing related toolsets
- Maintains appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools
- Degree or diploma in a related IT area or discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with successfully leading quality assurance programs for enterprise applications
- In-depth experience with a variety of IT application domain areas and technologies, particularly Salesforce.com, SAP, SharePoint, Exchange Server, Crystal Reports, SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Reporting Services, EDI
- Knowledge and experience with writing and running SQL stored procedures and commands, T-SQL preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Macros and VBA
- SaaS and On-Premise experience
- Relationship and business outcome focused
- Professional designation and experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Some travel may be required
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!