Receptionist/Office Services Coordinator
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
The Receptionist / Office Services Coordinator is responsible for answering the phone and greeting visitors, however, this role has a wide variety of tasks including administrative support, mail services and supporting multiple departments on an as-needed basis.
This role is based at our US Sales Headquarters located in downtown Dallas, Texas.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the company; shine as the Company’s brand ambassador
- Receive, direct and relay telephone calls and messages
- Welcome visitors and contact employees to announce their arrival
- Manage incoming inquiries from internal and external clients
- Maintain security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, issuing guest/employee access cards
- Assist in booking meeting rooms
- Tidy and maintain the reception area for cleanliness, keep the refreshments stocked
- Set up new hires with badges, nameplates, supplies at their desks, touring the building, etc.
- Submit maintenance issues to the Property Manager and ensure work is completed to satisfaction
- Check mailbox daily and distribute letters/packages to individuals
- Coordinate courier services to our global offices
- Prepare mailing labels and ship letters/envelopes/packages
- Order catering for special events, and assist with company functions, including Social Committee snack days and events
- Point of contact for third party vendors and building maintenance concerns including coffee machines, water and ice dispensers, photocopiers, and office maintenance needs
- Work with HR on interoffice communications and announcements such as monthly birthdays or upcoming events
- Ensure the kitchens and meeting rooms are maintained/stocked/clean, order office and lunchroom supplies, anticipate office needs, etc.
- Support various departments with administrative tasks and projects
- Provide facilities support when required, including supporting space planning, Health and Safety cabinets, ordering name plates, etc.
- Work closely with Facilities Manager, Human Resources and IT Department
- 1 to 3 years customer service, administrative or clerical experience
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Outgoing personality, warm, pleasant, positive attitude, punctual
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, time management and organizational skills
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, participation in corporate events, etc.