Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions Company, provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon is opening up a new role for an instructional designer to build out our employee training portfolio. This exciting opportunity includes developing online and instructor-led training programs, and static and dynamic visual content that will be utilized both internally and externally. Working closely with leadership, this role will be central in delivering high quality sales training materials and programs for our employee global sales team. Based in our Vancouver office and reporting to the Lead Instructional Designer, this role focuses on developing educational experiences for employees through applying current instructional and visual communication design practices.
- Developing and maintaining visually engaging and interactive online employee training experiences that are inventive and inspiring
- Creating unique and creative training experiences which incorporate contemporary instructional design theories and participant-focused activities that are visually stimulating and inviting
- Creating appealing visual communication (such as infographics, videos, animations, and more) that employ graphic design principles and techniques
- Quality controlling and improving online training experiences through developing interactive and imaginative participant-focused activities (such as simulations, games, videos, animations, graphics, or other visual communication)
- Working with subject matter experts to create and maintain training experiences for Avigilon’s employees
- Maintaining and updating existing training based on product introductions, product changes, sales strategy changes, and feedback
- Performing effective project management to meet established deadlines
- Establishing project outlines and deadlines for projects
- Building scalable and repeatable processes for the scoping, creation, maintenance, and launch of training experiences
- Performing basic tasks in the Avigilon Training Center such as uploading or replacing published SCORM files
- Evaluating training by measuring results and recommending changes
- Preference will be given to those with a recent degree or diploma in instructional design, visual communication, interaction design, media arts, graphic design, educational studies, adult education, or a very closely related field
- Knowledge of current instructional design theories and methodologies would be an asset
- Proven knowledge of graphic design or visual communication design principles
- Experience developing participant-centered training experiences that focused heavily on developing graphic design, visual communication, or multimedia materials
- Proficiency with a variety of graphic editors such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, GoAnimate, etc.
- Proficiency with online educational authoring tools such as Captivate or Articulate would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software such as PowerPoint and Word
Avigilon Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.