Office Services Coordinator / Receptionist
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!
Reporting to the Facilities Co-coordinator, the Office Services Coordinator- Receptionist will wear many different hats in the organization and will ensure that the office services, reception and all facilities functions are running smoothly and efficiently at all times. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to the operational coordination for company equipment, furniture and services. The successful candidate will also be required to attend to incoming calls, and as such superior customer service skills are an absolute must.
- Tidy, clean and maintain kitchen; ensure coffee/water and all kitchen supplies are available and re-ordered as required;
- Order office supplies and maintain stationary cabinets well stocked. Establish an inventory management system to adhere to a fixed stationary budget
- Manage relationships with third party vendors and building maintenance including coffee and water machines, photocopiers, shredders and office maintenance needs
- Conduct office tours for new employees and ensure access control fobs are ready on their first day if applicable
- Take a photo of every new employee on their first day with the company and ensure access cards are assigned if applicable
- Receive, direct and relay telephone calls, messages and faxes
- Welcome visitors, interview candidates and contractors and contact employees to announce their arrival
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing and tracking guest and contractor access cards
- Assist in booking and cancelling meeting rooms
- Tidy and maintain the reception area
- Manage internal communication and requests pertaining to Facilities.
- Own our work environment; ensure that our space is tidy and presentable; escalate concerns when needed;
- Support the Facilities team with space planning, office renovations and reconfigurations;
- Liaise with various third party vendors and the property management for general facility repairs, lighting and electrical installations, HVAC maintenance and other general maintenance as required;
- Manage internal work requests and transfer them to the property management ticketing system if applicable
- Manage assigned parking for our Lisbon office, including if applicable parking fob’s, visitor access and day to day management of parking area
- Setup desk space for new employees, including creating name plates, liaising with IT to ensure phone extensions are setup, ordering stationary supplies and ensuring that space is neat and tidy on an employee’s first day
- Maintain an accurate seating plan system
- Upon departure of an employee, ensure work area is cleared in a timely manner
- Other minor general office maintenance as required.
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience as an office service coordinator/administrator in an office environment
- Minimum 2 years in a Receptionist function in an office environment
- Post-secondary education an asset;
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization;
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures;
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs; stand for extended periods of time
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and traits:
- Customer service orientation;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Strong sense of priorities.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you will be eligible to receive a benefits package which includes medical insurance and life insurance.