Systems Administrator, Deep Learning (IT Infrastructure)
Somerville, MA, USA
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Scope of Role / Prime Accountabilities (includes but is not limited to):
- Security; Data networking and network security
- Escalation support
- Microsoft SQL database administration and Linux administration and support
- Virtualization administration and support (VMware, Nutanix)
- ITIL / infrastructure process, standards and documentation; Server management and documentation
- Active directory
- Database administration, Data back-up and storage / SAN; Data center
- Disaster recovery (including DRP planning and testing)
- Racking and un-racking hardware
- Maintain AI Server Farm: OS upgrades, Driver updates, replace defective hardware, upgrade hardware – GPU, SSD/NVMe
- Ensure required high availability of all corporate IT infrastructure with a percentage of focus on Deep Learning frameworks
- Ensure existing infrastructure supports organizational business requirements
- Drive continuous improvement and best practice administration and support of key assigned corporate IT infrastructure areas
- Ensure formal SLA’s that meet business requirements are adhered to
- Ensure incident response and management protocols and process are effectively and consistently followed
- Act as tiered support for high-severity and business impacting infrastructure issues; Act as backup at times for other team members
- Ensure high quality on time completion of all infrastructure projects, support services and verbal commitments; provide effective oral and written project status updates and presentations
- Ensure disaster recovery plans and solutions are in place and kept up-to-date
- Lead by example and ensure required work performance
- Ensure effective ITIL infrastructure process and policies are adhered to
- Drive effective coordination
- Implement and maintain fail proof infrastructure security measures, systems, controls and policies to protect corporate assets, systems and intellectual property
- Some travel may be required.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in a related Infrastructure / IT area or discipline
- 5 – 7 years’ of experience as a successful Systems Administrator in high performing corporate infrastructure environments
- Deep knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu), Windows Server and Powershell
- Familiarity with Deep Learning framework and Cluster management tools.
- In-depth experience with broad scope of IT infrastructure domain areas and technologies; a highly effective hands-on practitioner with clear track record of successful delivery
- Proven ability to evaluate and implement scaled infrastructure solutions in a global organization
- ITIL and Security certified
- Ability to grow volumes when additional storage capacity is added.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Technical Skills: SAN, VMWare, Vsphere 6.x/Vcentre, Cisco UCS, F5 Load Balancer, Dell, Microsoft, EMC, Cisco, Citrix solutions, Linux
- Familiarity with Cloud solutions – Azure, G Suite, AWS
Perks at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, participation in corporate events, etc.