Cybersecurity – Security Solutions Manager
Somerville, MA, USA
Avigilon is now a Motorola Solutions Company!
Motorola Solutions Inc. (MSI) is leading provider of Mission Critical Communications Solutions for Public Safety and Government Users as well as key enabler for Commercial Communication products, making sure our Customers have the information they need at hand in the Moments that Matter.
The Products & Services (P&S) Organization within Motorola Solutions is responsible for development of the company’s mission critical communications and mission critical intelligence portfolio, including command center applications, Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and LTE solutions, as well as managed and support services around the world. The P&S organization also
includes the company’s procurement and supply chain operations.
The P&S Cybersecurity Security Solutions Team drives risk-based cybersecurity management across all of P&S products and solutions portfolio, and provides cybersecurity priorities for the business. The Team also works with MSI customers to help understand each customer’s risk to ensure MSI products and services will help them manage that risk. The Team is comprised of Security Solutions Managers and Security Consultants.
As a Security Solutions Manager, you will provide end-to-end cybersecurity oversight andportfolio management for the MSI products/solutions offerings under your ownership. As part of your duties, you will conduct secure design reviews, threat assessments, risk assessments, as well as, provide and drive the associated mitigation planning, prioritization, and roadmaps for the products/solutions. You will provide cybersecurity technical recommendations and guidance, as well as, provide direction on S-SDLC and Application Security Practices.
Additionally, you will support the development of cybersecurity sales/marketing materials; participating in contracts and customer engagements; and be involved in other external cybersecurity collaborations or forums.
Come, be a part of the dynamic Team that manages and oversees the Cybersecurity program for product development throughout MSI.
You will be responsible for:
- All cybersecurity aspects for your assigned MSI technologies (Lines-of-Business
- Portfolios or Key Technology Initiatives): End-to-End view of the cybersecurity solutions; Holistic risk-based cybersecurity management; Cybersecurity Portfolio Management
- Drive and conduct Secure Design Reviews, Risk Assessments and Threat Assessments
- Report on programs and products cybersecurity status and risk posture to risk owners and senior leadership
- Develop, support, and drive execution of cybersecurity strategies, priorities, and roadmaps enabling MSI and the MSI Customers to fulfill their mission and goals
- Define and drive cybersecurity differentiators and value-adds for the portfolio
- Maintain awareness of cybersecurity industry and technology trends and drive these into the organization
- Ensure technology alignment to corporate cyber security policies and standards
- Advise on solution execution throughout development cycle
- Provide cybersecurity expertise on large and complex projects
- Provide pre/post sales customer support
- Support Incident Response and Crisis Management Processes/Activities
- Provide cybersecurity mentorship to junior staff, and others in MSI
- Support continuous improvement and development initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Security - Masters degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years experience in information security
- Experience in IT or security operations, and/or product development with cybersecurity focus
- Must have experience with Software Development and Software Engineering, including S-SDLC practices (DevSecOps preferred)
- Must have knowledge and applied a subset of common Industry Standards (ISO27001/2, NIST, COBIT, CIS, DISA, FIPS) and Industry Regulatory Standards such as SOx, PCI, GDPR
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP, CSSLP, CCSP, CAP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, GSLC, and GISCP. Other
- industry certifications will be taken into consideration
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the field of cybersecurity
- Experience with Risk Management and Security Assurance
- Must have experience in Product/Software Development using modern practices, with S-SDLC and DevSecOps preferred.
- Helpful to have knowledge of cloud services provided by industry leaders like AWS,
- Microsoft Azure, SFDC, Workday etc.
- Must have technical knowledge and/or experience in security, networking, systems administration, database administration, architecture and other technical domains.
- Knowledge and experience in documentation of security policies, standards, and processes.
- Experience with business continuity / disaster recovery
- Experience with Incident Response and Crisis Management
- Experience with Vulnerability Management.
- Experience with Partner and Supplier relationships.
- Helpful to have experience in wireless communication system architectures.
- Ability to communicate concepts and terminology in security domains including governance, risk management, architecture, compliance, and operations and be able to express them in a clear and concise manner
- Should be a self-starter who demonstrates complete ownership over assigned objectives and is able to work independently
- Highest level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Leadership and passion about continuous improvement.
- Ability to suggest creative solutions
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm for problem identification and solving
- Flexible and able to adapt and drive to changing priorities
- Experience managing complex programs in a global environment
- Ability to make objective decisions in a high pressure cross functional environment
- Strong oral and written communications
- Ability to break down complex topics and present to less technical audiences (including customer presentations)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Domestic and International travel required - total <25%