Technical Support Specialist-EMEA
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
This is a technical role within our Customer Experience department that will allow you to learn and understand a very diverse set of technologies. Our product is a complex, real-time, enterprise system that involves the following core technologies:
- Bandwidth-intensive data streaming over an IP network
- Computer hardware, specifically high-performance server and storage hardware
- Advanced Windows configuration and management
- Electronics and Mechanics
- Software and firmware
- Video compression
- Digital optics and/or photography
- Our goal is to provide fantastic technical customer service that achieves not just customer satisfaction but customer happiness using contact center industry best practice and methodologies.
- We’re looking for someone who loves to help others and can be empathetic even when dealing with tough customers!
- Troubleshooting of Avigilon hardware and software products through remote and virtual systems (phone, email, VPN)
- Gather customers’ information to determine root issues and analyze symptoms
- Provide knowledgeable and exceptional customer experiences while also solving their issues
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, Cisco router and switch issues
- Thoroughly document customer interactions and issues for future knowledge sharing – document support incidents and/or common critical issues
- Handle customer complaints and escalations by talking to customers directly
- Ability and eagerness to handle multiple priorities within a fast paced environment and ultimately ensuring the best customer experience
- Assist customers with installation, operational, maintenance and or training related inquiries for products and applications
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures
- 2-5 years’ experience providing technical support
- Self-motivated and focused with a passion for technology and an aptitude for customer happiness
- Ability to learn and understand new ideas and concepts
- Pleasant, friendly style of verbal and written communication
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP communication
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Windows troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Experience with computer hardware/network equipment configuration and troubleshooting
- Multilingual in Frensh and Spanish
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Technical support experience in a contact center environment
- College degree or diploma of technology
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications
- Prior experience in surveillance industry
- Digital photography hobbyist
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you will be eligible to receive a benefits package which includes medical insurance and life insurance.