At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Strategy and Market Intelligence, the Avigilon Strategy and Product Intelligence Manager will take a leading role in advancing the existing market and competitive intelligence program and establish and own the evolution of a dedicated product intelligence program. The long-term objective of this role is to establish and lead regional and technology-specific intelligence groups.
The Strategy and Product Intelligence Manager will also directly work with the Advanced Technology Group on business case assessments on the grounds of joint technology discovery and evaluation missions.
This role will distinguish between critical, important and non-essential information and provide insightful briefings to the product management, marketing, sales and executive teams. In gathering and generating intelligence on markets, products, and the competition, the Strategic Planning and Product Intelligence Manager helps the company make informed decisions and compete effectively in the regional and global marketplace.
The responsibilities on the strategic planning side of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish a core product intelligence assessment program that includes the setup of a competitive lab and test program
- Develop long-term development and growth plan for regional and technology-specific intelligence units
- Engage in dedicated technology research in collaboration with and support of the Advanced Technology Group
- Monitor broader technology trends within and outside the industry to identify opportunities and threats for the company
- Regularly write and present market and technology updates to senior management and other stakeholders
- Act as the central liaison between the Senior Manager for Strategic Planning and Market Intelligence, the Advanced Technology Group, and other critical stakeholders of the company such as Sales, Product Management, and Marketing
- Build process and conceptual bridges to strategy and market intelligence departments in mother and sister companies
The responsibilities on the market and competitive side of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review global and regional industry and market data, and accurately interpret and convert findings into actionable intelligence to be used within various areas of the organization
- Provide the sales teams with insightful and accurate evaluations and analyses of company, product and market trends, customer pain points, and opportunities; translate knowledge into concrete competitive advantage messaging
- Filter internal requests for intelligence with a focus on prioritization and timely response
- Create and deliver market and technology updates in webinar/podcast format to stakeholders in the company
- Synthesize information to develop comprehensive market and industry assessments to inform go-to-market strategies and strategic product development and realignment
- Create and manage repository of market and competitive data while ensuring content security
- Write ad hoc concise, custom-tailored, high-level briefs of critical reporting, within strict deadlines, on topics of strategic importance for key company stakeholders
- Regularly attend industry-specific tradeshows to gather market and competitive insights
- Create and sustain relationships with internal experts and external partners, vendors, and producers of research materials to ensure adequate source materials for analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance or related field required
- Five (5) years of market and competitive analysis or related function and report publication experience required
- Advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation computer software applications
- Ability to develop detailed reports, and translate complex data into easily understood insights
- Knowledge of principles and practices in economics, financial markets and analysis and reporting of financial data
- Strong familiarity with core market assessment tools and concepts, ideally with a global security or technology company
- Deep aptitude for technology and the ability to translate technical developments into competitive insights
- Highly strategic thinking and ability to define and pursue high level objectives
- Demonstrated strong performance with successful execution and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Excellent teamwork skills and an ability to develop & maintain internal and external relationships
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing work product quality
- Ability to prioritize and differentiate what matters from the noise
- Ability to work with and collaborate with cross-functional groups within and outside the organization
- Knowledge of surveillance and security industry
- MBA or related advanced post-graduate degree in business or technology
- Competitive intelligence certification like SCIP
- Experience in business or management consulting
- Language skills beyond English: preferred Russian, Spanish, German, Mandarin
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!