Inside Sales Engineer
Avigilon provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
As a member of the Sales Department, the Inside Sales Engineer will work closely with the Avigilon Sales Team to develop and position solutions involving Avigilon products. The Inside Sales Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of the sales process, and works closely with the Sales Department to develop and position solutions involving Avigilon products.
During the needs analysis process, confirm that Avigilon’s products meet the prospect’s requirements and assist in technical qualifications. Throughout the proposal process, the Inside Sales Engineer will articulate the technology and demonstrate Avigilon solutions to both business and technical users. Position Avigilon products relative to competition and formulate system designs that conform to both technical and budgetary requirements.
This position is located at our office in Plano, TX.
- Effectively disseminate product knowledge by providing thorough training to Sales Team, Manufacturing Representatives, Integrators, and End-Users.
- Articulate the technology and demonstrate differentiated value propositions to both business and technical prospects.
- Conduct compelling product demonstrations and lead technical discussions.
- Support Sales Team in responding to RFP’s and designing, specifying, and quoting systems.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members of the Sales Department.
- Manage demo equipment assets.
- Creating technical documentation.
- Close support to Sales teams in achieving sales targets.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in Sales Engineering/Pre-Sales role for a technology company.
- Strong understanding of the video surveillance market.
- Self-motivated and focused individual with a passion for technology and an aptitude for customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Has a pleasant, friendly style of verbal and written communication.
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Windows troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP communication.
- Experience with computer hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with network equipment configuration and troubleshooting.
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- College degree or diploma of technology.
- Prior experience in surveillance industry.
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications.
- Certifications for Avigilon or any competitive products.
- The Inside Sales Engineer shall have the responsibility to cover the following territory: