AVO USA Holding 2 Corporation (Somerville, MA) seeks Senior Software Engineer, Cloud UI. The cloud service department creates a cloud-based video analytics service called Avigilon Helios which aims to provide modem, cutting edge software as a service (SAAS) product for Avigilon customers to use over web & mobile technologies. Senior Software Engineer, Cloud UI will work on Helios frontend team to create a user interface for Helios cloud product in React focused on usability, configuration, and presentation of data through visualizations.
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud UI will leverage current technologies to build modern, functional, responsive web clients using React.
- Create Helios web application accessible on any web browser across different platform(desktopiweb/mobile);
- Design and develop web applications using react.js, node.js, redux and css3 and perform quality testing;
- Collaborate with UX and visual designers to implement proposed designs;
- Create and deliver software application features using project specifications efficiently;
- Design and develop front-end user interface using feature specification using react.js, htm15, and css3;
- Create local data store using redux and integrate front-end user interface with restful web services to interact with database services;
- Create real-time communication with web service using SignaiR technology;
- Review codes in adherence to coding standards and design guidelines of the team and direct secure and defect-free deliveries;
- Manage work assignment across the team for efficiency, using domain specific expertise; Report project progress to team manager,
- Collaborate with the Automation and Test Team on identifying test cases for new features and regression testing; and
- Communicate with Back-end Team regarding front-end requirement and help to create specifications for front-end development needs.
Masters degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other closely related field plus 3 years' experience as Software Engineer or other similar role.
Experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include the following:
- 3 years of experience in developing application for web, mobile and desktop using react.js, node.js and css3 for frontend application development;
- 3 years of experience in creating frontend end application consuming restful web services; 3 years of experience working In an agile environment;
- 3 years of experience in relational database and non-relational database, including Microsoft SQL server and Mongodb;
- 2 years of experience in creating real-time communication web applications; and
- 2 years of experience using Test Drive Development.
Experience may be gained pre/during/post masters degree.