At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
We are looking for a driven Application Support Analyst to troubleshoot and support our manufacturing environment covering various applications and peripherals. The ideal candidate must have experience with manufacturing and distribution applications, and excel at troubleshooting issues. We're looking for a detail-oriented self-starter who thrives in a results-oriented, fast growing, work environment.
You have to enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You must work well with others at various level within and outside of the organization, while having the independence to manage your workload.
- Support, troubleshoot and debug software applications that are operated by the manufacturing division, including Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Oracle PLM and other applications
- Maintain configuration changes for software applications, and applicable hardware such as scanner and printer
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features. Research and recommend updates for current systems or processes
- Participate in process improvement and integration projects with other systems
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Maintain detailed system configuration and architectural documentation on an ongoing basis. Documentation updates are required as part of any material change to the environment
- Provide occasional after-hours support to Manufacturing, especially during month-end, quarter-end and year-end periods
- Provide tier-2 support to IT Support Staff
- Vendor liaison for support escalations
- Acquire and maintain vendor documentation
- Some travel may be required between Plano, Dallas, Vancouver BC and Richmond BC
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Extensive expertise and knowledge of manufacturing work flow and job-related experience in lieu of educational requirements. Prior experience of implementing Aegis MES system is a plus
- 3+ years’ experience within a manufacturing environment in supporting manufacturing systems and applications
- Knowledge and experience in the following technologies: MES, JUKI assembly machines, Bartender barcode label software, Zebra printers, Oracle Agile PLM and manufacturing applications, DBR+ for demand scheduling, R+ for replenishment
- Displays initiative to quickly learn new capabilities and displays curiosity about all aspects of the systems and applications within the organization, particularly those in the manufacturing area.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing Service processes
- Salesforce and/or SAP development experience
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence an asset
- Microsoft certification is a plus