At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
- Work closely with product management and suppliers to classify products including; Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications and Export Control Classification Numbers (HTS, COO, and ECCN among others).
- Update data based and records to support trade compliance requirements.
- Monitor and manage sanctions and denied parties screening to ensure compliance.
- Ensure and work to support the clearing on delivery of all purchase orders, sales orders, including all documentation, system updates, and internal and external communication
- Country of origin evaluation and identification.
- Work with supply chain to determine optimized distribution to minimize duties and taxes related to export on the organization
- Provide support to Vendor’s inquiry
- Coordinate the brokerage and forwarders requirements to support export and import into the global market
- Work closely with design and purchasing to determine
- Coordinator of Air Cargo Security program
- Manages security compliance data elements (PIP, CT-PAT, Denied Party Screening, etc.)
- Collaborate with business partners to understand the impact of export controls and compliance
- Manage requirements to support freight forwarders and collect shipments.
- Monitor and review export/import regulations on a regular basis to make sure Avigilon is compliant within the global market space
- Responsible for managing and guidance during government audits and compliance
- Provide subject matter expertise to teams exploring new international opportunities and projects
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to ensure freight inbound from suppliers is mode and spend optimized
- Consults with Customer Order Management to support the customer’s logistics requirements.
- Attention to details for shipping documents.
- Record keeping
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree or College Diploma with in International Business or related field or a College Diploma or and equivalent business experience.
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) or similar Designation or working towards.
- Business degree and ISM or CPSM or CCLP or APICS (CLTD) designation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in import, export and Global Trade Compliance requirements or Customs Clearance role, and international logistics.
- Experience or training with ECCN classification would be an asset
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a logistics management
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment with a daily sense of urgency. Taking initiative to solve problems and deliver results
- Detail oriented with a willingness to adapt and be flexible in a growing company
- Analytical/analysis skills
- Ability to resolve issues between internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to act decisively to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities along with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.