At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!
- Work as a part of the a to support various product design elements of new products (exposure to electronic enclosure design for both indoor and outdoor environments an asset)
- Designing parts for injection molding, die casting, sheet metal and machining
- Design support for the continuous improvement of current products
- Perform mechanical strength and tolerance analysis using FEM and other tools
- Design and perform testing of physical integrity at parts and system level
- Design resource during the ECR process
- Evaluates and recommends changes to techniques and design to find the most effective solution
- May be required to coordinate the work of others
- Reviews drawings and designs to ensure standards of quality and accuracy are met
- Estimating and tracking of time and costs related to all of the responsibilities above
- Ensuring product designs comply with regulatory agency requirements
- Work closely with Product and Project Management to specify, develop and implement successful designs
- Understand and work with project time lines and deliverables
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 5+ year’s minimum relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
- Knowledge of thermal Analysis using CFD
- Experience in material and manufacturing process selection for parts an asset
- Experience in designing products for mass production an asset
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills to work well within a team environment and liaise with internal clients.
- Ability to justify design decisions with calculations, analysis and written documentation
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products such as Word and Excel or equivalent software
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with optics or photographic techniques
- Hands on fabrication experience using various manufacturing processes (Drilling, Milling, Lathe etc..)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Electronics Enclosure Design for both indoor and outdoor environments
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.