At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
The Facilities Supervisor works closely with and reports to the Senior Facilities Manager to support all facilities related activities at multiple Avigilon sites. This position is the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the Facilities organization. In this role you will provide administrative support and manage office functions including: work order coordination, security badge and access assignments, database management, daily office operations, coordination of budgeting/accounting systems, maintaining office records, and providing general support services for the office staff. Additionally, the Facilities Supervisor, under the direction of the Senior Facilities Manager, will manage all outside contractors in support of the Facilities Department, including maintaining records and contracts, coordinating project activities and providing scheduling support. You are responsible for providing direction and managing the quality of service and performance of the facilities support staff including but not limited to the Office Services Coordinator and Receptionist(s) who report into this function.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the facilities team on facilities related requests and prioritize issues for action as required
- Chair a monthly/ bi-weekly Facilities Team Meeting to gather and provide status updates from each site
- Communicate building updates and announcements to sub-tenants as needed
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports
- Oversee, plan and coordinate activities of custodial, building maintenance and property management personnel to ensure high quality of service
- Manage assigned parking for our sites, including parking fobs, visitor access and day to day management of parking enforcement patrols
- Ensure office spaces are tidy and presentable; escalate concerns when needed
- Assist ‘Occupational Health & Safety Committee’ with corporate health and safety programs and address facilities related actions
- Track and maintain the budget for office/lunchroom supplies
- Create, print and distribute employee access cards
- Manage Access Control system; activating new hires access cards, keep employee cards updated, etc.
- Point of contact for third party vendors and building maintenance concerns (i.e. coffee and water machines, photocopiers, shredding, office maintenance needs etc.)
- Support the Facilities team with space planning, office renovations and reconfigurations
- Liaise with various 3rd party vendors and the property management for general facility repairs, lighting and electrical installations, HVAC maintenance and other general maintenance as required
- Maintain and manage physical asset and storage site inventory
- Update and maintain records to track maintenance and repairs
- Manage any facilities emergencies and communicate status as required
- Coordinate and monitor vendor's performance for building related services
- Inspect and audit entire buildings regularly to identify general corrective maintenance as necessary for proper maintenance and operation of various equipment, fixtures, etc.
- Report deficiencies and recommend areas for improvement to management
- Monitor and manage design, acquisition and installation of modular furniture for offices, classrooms and common areas
- Manage furniture inventory for new purchases, maintenance and repair of existing furniture
- Other general office maintenance as required
- Provide support to the Office Service coordinator for space planning and managing the seating plans, ordering name plates, etc.
- Assist the Office Service coordinator in setting up desk space for new employees, including creating name plates, liaising with IT to ensure phone extensions are setup, ordering stationery supplies and ensuring that space is neat and tidy on an employee’s first day
- Assist in light maintenance requests such as changing light bulbs, moving and assembling furniture and hanging dry erase boards
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar Facilities or Office/ Property management role
- Post-secondary education is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, stand for extended periods of time, climb ladders etc.
- Ability to use hand and powered tools to assemble furniture and conduct minor repairs as needed
- Customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Commuting between Avigilon sites will be required