Corporate Office Manager
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
Office Manager is responsible for a wide variety of tasks including Administrative, Communications, Facilities and supporting multiple departments on an as-needed basis. This person will report directly to the Senior Facility Manager and will be a crucial member of the Avigilon Facilities team.
- Provide Facilities support for team members including space planning and managing the seating assignments.
- Setup desk space for new employees, including liaising with Marketing to create name plates, liaising with IT to ensure phone extensions are setup, ordering stationery supplies.
- Work closely with Senior Facilities Manager, assisting in light maintenance requests such as changing light bulbs and hanging dry erase boards
- Manage and maintain current Boston Facilities vendor list and securing service providers for various tasks throughout the suite
- Assist development of service provider contracts for the suite
- Oversee Tenant Improvement projects to the suite and liaise with the Landlord
- Act as the primary point of contact for the office
- Virtually manage incoming inquiries from internal and external clients
- Communicate back to the Senior Facility Manager any issues related to employee safety or the overall state of the suite
- Check mailbox daily and distribute letters/packages to individuals
- Coordinate courier services to our global offices
- Prepare mailing labels and ship letters/envelopes/packages
- Order catering for special events, training classes and assist with planning company functions
- Order office and lunchroom supplies
- Assist with maintaining and tracking operation costs with yearly budget reviews
- Manage Access Control system; Create, print and distribute employee access cards, activate new hires access cards, keep employee cards updated, etc.
- Point of contact for third party vendors and building maintenance concerns (i.e. coffee and water machines, photocopiers, office maintenance needs, etc.)
- Conduct office tours for new employees and ensure access control fobs are ready on their first day
- Maintain an accurate and updated list of all employees within the organization
- Participate in weekly meetings with Leadership to discuss office business needs
- Ensure the kitchens, meeting rooms and common areas are maintained/stocked/cleaned on a daily and weekly basis
- Work with HR on interoffice communications and announcements such as monthly birthdays or special events
- A minimum of 3 years experience in customer service, administrative or office management
- Outgoing personality, warm, pleasant, positive attitude, punctual
- Intermediate proficiency with Gmail and G Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures;
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs; stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders as needed.
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, eligible to participate in 401K, ESPP, community service activities, etc.