At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
As part of the Finance team, the Payroll Specialist processes payroll for our global organization. This diverse role includes running payroll in multiple countries, setting up processes and procedures creating efficiencies through technology and communicating with a diverse workforce. In addition to ensuring our employees are paid accurately and on time, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for providing regular accurate reporting and tracking.
- Ensure the timely, accurate completion of global payroll processing including Canada, US & UK
- Ensure legislative requirements regarding tax withholding, remittance and income reporting have been met
- Process payroll changes and new hires through ADP Workforce now system
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable on Canadian and US rules and regulations
- Process monthly commission reports for employees
- Process invoices for external consultants
- Calculate adjustments and/or proper tax withholdings for extra payments including vacation, stock options, bonus payments, severance pay etc.
- Assist in Processing and reconciling year end T4s/T4As and foreign year end payroll reports
- Communicate with employees regarding payroll questions, issues and changes
- Create and maintain Record of Employments for employees
- Manage ADP Time & Attendance system for hourly employees, work with supervisors to ensure accurate use of schedules and employee roles in the system
- Maintain time and attendance reports (i.e. vacation, leaves of absence)
- Assist with payroll G/L account reconciliations and year-end working paper preparation
- Assist supervisor in special projects, implementation and training for new payroll processes and systems
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices involving salaried, hourly, sales commission employees
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet payroll and period closing deadlines
- Capable of discretely handling confidential information
- Analytical mindset that is able to innovate new process and improve existing process
- Capable of meeting deadlines in a calm and collected manner
- Flexible, strong team player with a professional and positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a customer focus
- Knowledge of Success Factors HRIS system is an asset.
- Advanced Excel, Word, Google mail and Payroll application skills
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Payroll Certification/Designation: Canadian Payroll Association PCP & CPM; US Payroll Association: CPP and FPC an asset
- 5+ years of payroll administration experience (ideally in a global payroll environment)
- Proficiency working with ADP Workforce Now
Perks & Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a Group Retirement Savings Plan, MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!