Senior Manager, Product Finance
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Since 2004, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Senior Manager, Product Finance will be the key business partner for the Product Management organization to provide financial leadership and commercial support to maximize product profitability.
- Partner with Sales, Product Management, and Manufacturing to drive sales and operations planning, including weekly sales updates, product and margin analysis, regional P&L analysis, and end of life analysis.
- Develop a robust product revenue forecasting model, including a price elasticity of demand analysis.
- Prepare the monthly demand plan incorporating Sales, Product Management and Manufacturing feedback.
- Provide decision support, measure product portfolio performance and analyze key business performance.
- Help prepare and review pricing business cases, including modelling the expected revenue and gross margin impact, measuring the results and providing recommendations.
- Prepare financial analyses of new product launches, pricing actions, and product discontinuations.
- Actively collaborate with Sales, Product Management, and Manufacturing to identify and action opportunities to maximize product profitability.
- Participate in pricing discussions and analysis in preparation for executive Product Council meetings.
- Support the annual financial planning, quarterly forecasting and long-term strategic growth plan processes.
- Help Product Management assess, justify and operationalize new business initiatives.
- Manage and provide guidance to team.
- Special projects as required.
- MBA or professional accounting/finance designation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a financial role requiring extensive forecasting, analysis and P&L management
- Demonstrable commercial acumen. Experience with demand planning.
- Must possess strong, analytical, financial modeling and critical reasoning skills.
- Expert level Excel proficiency, with advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working for a multi-national organization, preferably in a high growth, fast-paced and dynamic industry.
- Comfort working in a fluid and oftentimes ambiguous environment; capable of making adjustments in both day-to-day and large-scale activities based on new information and developments.
- Possesses leadership qualities that fosters collaboration, trust and teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail, and drives for accuracy and precision for all deliverables.
- Self-starter who has a positive and “can-do” attitude, and partners with the business to consistently execute and deliver results on-time.
- Aptitude to roll-up sleeves, and work with team members in a hands-on capacity to get things done.
- Ability to explain complex issues in simple and clear terms, while maintaining the skill-set to dive into the details, when necessary.
- Ability to identify and resolve bottlenecks, including automating those bottlenecks, if the business case warrants it, and if resources are available.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Proficiency in SAP, BI, BPC, and Adaptive.
- Pricing experience is an asset.
- Demand planning experience is an asset.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!